Just to summarize and catch up:
10/19 I met the water quality program coordinator at what used to be Site 5, where I started out. It seems much as I remember it, but the water wasn't moving much. We took photos and measured out the distance a site must cover under the new protocols. Probably this will be used as a training site.
10/26 We met again, with a team of fairly new monitors, at Site 8. It went well but took so long that I(with my Zipcar) had no time to stop at Home Depot on the way home. Again, I took photos which I'll add later.
This was my swan song as a team leader. I just don't want to deal with the scheduling and logistical obligations any more.